Municipality of East Hants
Residents of East Hants receive fire/emergency response service from 13 mutual aid volunteer fire departments within its boundaries and one volunteer department located in Brooklyn.
As outlined in the East Hants Fire Service Standard Operating Guidelines, all departments are dedicated to improving and preserving the quality of life, property and the environment through education, leadership and effective response to emergencies.
All volunteer departments in East Hants are required to adhere to the East Hants Fire Service Standard Operating Guidelines. These guidelines provide the framework for safe and efficient operation of fire departments in East Hants and consistent delivery of fire protection to our residents.
East Hants Fire Service
The East Hants Fire Service is an independently registered Association that works in collaboration with the Municipality, the fire departments are not directly part of Municipal operations. The Municipality provides independent bookkeeping service to 11 of the 13 departments. In addition to the operating guidelines, all volunteer fire departments are required to meet annual registration requirements with East Hants as well as the Registry of Joint Stock Companies and are required to adhere to the municipal Financial Guidelines for Volunteer Fire Departments.
- Shubenacadie & District Volunteer Fire and Emergency Services
- Elmsdale Fire & Emergency Services
- Nine Mile River and District Volunteer Fire Department
- Lantz Volunteer Fire Department
- Maitland and District Volunteer Fire Department
- Milford & District Volunteer Fire Department
- Noel and District Volunteer Fire Department
- Rawdon District Volunteer Fire Department
- Gore District Volunteer Fire Department
- Kennetcook District Fire Department
- Enfield Volunteer Fire Department
- Walton Shore Fire Department
- Uniacke and District Volunteer Fire Department